I'm a children's author, wife and mum in no particular order. I perform these jobs simultaneously and I love them all!

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Book Launch, SCBWI Event and the Williamtown Child Care Centre Open Day

Gosh, is this really my first blog post for 2017? I can't believe how time flies. March already!

So much has been happening at my end that I've neglected my blog. Let's catch you up.

Book Launch

Firstly, Lara and I went to the launch of Deb Kelly's new book, 'Ruby Wishfingers: Hide-and-Seek', the third in the Ruby Wishfingers series in January. Deb's launch attracted lots of Ruby fans to this Newcastle Library event. Deb read from Book 1 so not to give too much of the third book away. Then the kids enjoyed yummy treats and craft activities. Congratulations, Deb!


SCBWI Event 
(Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators)

I attended 'The Art of Picture Books' event at The Hughenden, in Sydney in January. We had the privilege of meeting and listening to Scholiastic publisher, Clare Hallifax and illustrator, Nina Rycroft. What an inspirational pair of ladies!

I was very lucky to secure a manuscript assessment with Clare as part of this event. She offered great advice and feedback on one of my favourite stories. Watch this space.


Photo of my friend, Carly and I

Williamtown Child Care Centre Open Day

Kirrili Lonergan and I spent a very hot Saturday (I think is was nearly 45 degrees) in February helping the Williamtown Child Care Centre launch it's new location off the RAAF base and into Raymond Terrace. We had lots of fun entertaining children, reading stories and drawing.

  

Phew! More updates coming. I'm renovating at the moment so things are a little chaotic here. Hope your 2017 started well.







No comments:

Post a Comment